Posted by SystemX on 24th May, 2018
Thank you for using SystemX! SystemX Limited (“we”, “us”, “ourselves”), on behalf of XDP Limited, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The following policy describes how we collect, use, process and disclose your information, including personal information, in conjunction with your access to and use of the SystemX platform and services. Please take time to read, and understand, our practices regarding any personal data we receive. By visiting https://www.xdp.co.uk (“our site”) and any other website owned and/or operated by SystemX Limited you are accepting, and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) and this policy, the data controller is: XDP Limited, Registered Office: Curdworth House, Kingsbury Road, Curdworth, Sutton Coldfield, B76 9EE.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU:
Information you give us. You may give us personal information about you/your customer by filling in forms on our site, or corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, telephone number and certain financial information along with details of any consignments you wish us to deliver, including the nature of the products, their source and their destination. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the services we provide and allow us to comply with our legal obligations, without it we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
Information we collect about you. During each of your visits to our site(s) we may automatically collect some information about you. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the services we provide and allow us to comply with our legal obligations.
• Technical information such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, operation system and platform, browser type and version (along with plug-in types and versions) and your time zone setting.
• Information about your visit including the pages your visit on, and from, our site (including data and time), page response times, length of visit to certain pages and any errors you may encounter. On certain pages we may also record page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs).
Information we receive from other sources. Though rare there are occasions where we work closely with 3rd parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We do not control or supervise how the 3rd parties providing information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to those parties.
USING YOUR INFORMATION:
Information you give to us, may be used to:
• Carry out our obligations to you, and provide you with the information and/or services that your request from us.
• Provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those which you have already purchased and/or enquired about.
• Notify you about changes to our services.
• Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
Information we collect about you, may be used to:
• Administer our site and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and research.
• Improve our site and ensure that all content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
• Allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service.
• Help us keep our site safe and secure.
• Establish whether any of the services we offer may be of interest to you.
Information we receive from other sources, may be combined with the information you give us and the information we collect about you. We may use this information for the purposes set out above.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION:
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, and holding company of us and its subsidiaries, in each case as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected 3rd parties, including:
• Business partners, suppliers and/or sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
• Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to 3rd parties:
• In the event that we sell any of our group’s business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
• If any company in our group is, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a 3rd party, in which case personal data gathered from you may be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
• Managing your information; you may access and update some of your information through your account login. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
• Data access and portability; yyou are entitled to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
• Rectification of inaccurate or incomplete information; you have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you are unable to update yourself).
• Data retention and erasure; we generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us, and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide services for you, you can request that we erase your personal information and close any relevant accounts. However, please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
o We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety.
o We may retain, and use, your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may be required to keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
o Some copies of your information (e.g. log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
o Because we maintain the platform to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
• Withdrawing consent and restriction of processing; where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your account settings or by sending a communication to ourselves specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
• Objection to processing; you are entitled to request us not to process your personal information for specific purposes where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing we will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
• Lodging complaints; you have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by ourselves before the competent data protection authority – the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Our site(s) may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or how such third parties may process your personal information. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.